- Spring is here, almost 🙂 starting back the raised bed garden this week.
- Decided to grow tomatoes and cucumbers in deck pots. hopefully this keeps them contained and not using up precious raised bed space. Giving Gro pots a try this year
- Raised bed Plan is also to create a nutrient rich soil in the bed and plant many plans close together, basically stuffing them in and thereby avoiding weeds and increasing crop !!!!
- Basically its all an excuse to spend more money 🙂 but oh well .
- our front yard needs to be weeded and mulched ( badly) and R tells me that should be the 1 st thing we do, but then I don’t want to .
- My kind of gardening is only the fun stuff ..
This week is Ms.A’s bday and the whole of April is her b’day month , and we have been reminded of it many times daily !! she has multiple sets of summer clothes and shoes bought and gifts ready, Gifts bought , everything in place. Whew !!! Just like the last few years she wants to take a few friends at a time to dinner instead of a large party. which is awesome. much easier dealing with small groups of loud girls. Wine helps, Lots of it usually.
I still made a sweet for New years .. my sweet tooth needs to be indulged and this one is guilt free. or so I tell myself and indulge in it. IMO this is Dinner …
Quinoa: ¼ cup
Moong dal – 1/4 cup
Water: 1 cup
Milk: 1 cup
Jaggery: 1/2 cup – to taste
Cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew, coconut to taste
Ghee 1 spn.
Wash Quinoa well, rinse Moong, cook Quinoa and Moong , add the rest of ingredients except ghee cashews and raisins. and cook till it comes together. heat ghee add cashews and raisins and add to payasam. Done. amazingly simple.
- I add a bit more milk and let it simmer in the crock pot , the milk thickens and its awesome and v creamy 🙂
- Moong can be omitted but Quinoa is kind of chewy so the Moong helps bring it together.