Sun, Sand, Beach for 6 whole days in Puerto Rico … pure heaven. The day we left we went from sub-zero temps to a perfect 80F . saying we were excited is a gross understatement…
- Beach side resort can’t be beat.
- Learning to surf , barely getting on the board was awesome, body surfing was super .
- Long walks with waves lapping our feet , in the warm sun is a luxury
Eating all kinds of junk was super awesome and Hydrating with cocktails can’t be beat.
- Nothing to do , no agenda but very active, going from beach to pool to beach to lounge to walk made us all feel so active.
- Went kayaking in the bio-luminescent bay at night . Had to go thru mangroves first in the dark 😦
- Me and Teen R make an awesome kayaking pair , Useless and don’t care. Terrible at kayaking, alternating hitting both sides of the mangrove channel.
- It was a whole lot of giggling, calling out – right and left and collapsing in laughter. I think the guide despaired of us.
- Seeing the glowing plankton’s was super awesome. nature at its best.
- Coming back was so much easy, with the current no effort needed however we hit the banks we missed while going in 🙂 out steering abilities are not that great . We were soaked.
- Saw some old forts. and old lovely towns, Very well maintained.
- The Spanish had control of the fort for over 3 centuries. which is an amazing an eternity in history, very few empires have control over a place for such a long time. Its fascinating in itself.
- The food was so so, not much variety and we are seriously off plantains for a while, a looooong while.
- The highlight was out delayed cancelled flight which gave us an extra day in paradise on the airlines tab… now how can a vacation get any better than that. :-)Now we’re back at work, school, home and soothing our sunburned body with aloe 😦 and dreaming of the days in the sun…. I feel for the kids, focusing, exams , studying after this fun….is tough.