Raised bed Garden is making progress or so I think.
- Bean plants have come up and looks healthy, the 2nd crop is in , should start seeing them come out in a few days.
- Tomato cages are in and along with zucchini are growing like weeds 🙂 yay
- Eggplant is growing but looks kind of sad 😦 it’s a wait and see thing.
- Peppers / cilantro/ lemon balm are ok,
- Cucumbers are growing V V slowly, I have no idea why, they are in the same type of soil but while the zucchini are going like they are on steroids these are stunted and tiny ( maybe they are dwarf varieties??) oh well it’s only 3 weeks and R says I can’t start obsessing so soon.
Weeding is a pain and so is watering , yes , the initial flush has worn off this gardening thing, the weather is good, I’d much rather be walking or lounging on the Newly stained deck with a cup of tea and book (I discovered Julie Garwood ) But after the effort R put in, I’m determined to see this to the end of summer, and plant fall crops too!!!!
- Both Ms.A and teen R won’t help.
Me: guys come weed the veggie patch
Ms.A: No thanks, it’s got bugs and I don’t like the smell.
Me: Its compost and organic. Its good stuff
Ms.A: I don’t care it stinks. Ask dada.
Me: Teen R come on, you have a green thumb, and if I do this alone I’ll kill them all.
Teen R: ha ha good try mom, but no thanks.
Me: #$%^ unhelpful teenager!! @#$%^ if these die do you know how much money will get wasted.
Teen R: Good thing you have money mom, we can go buy from the farm 🙂 but try dad, he’ll do it.
And just like that poor R, the lovely man is now my gardening helper.
On a brighter note, the deck is stained in a bright new adobe red shade , blindingly cheerful and we love it. has nice flowering plants in beautiful pots, now the flowers have to co-operate and not die. I think we need a fire-pit!!! the trees all around are full with lots of shade and the stream is gurgling, can life get any better 🙂