- The raised bed is coming along, all 25 bean seeds have sprouted and baby plants are growing .. yay.
- Tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, zucchini and cucumbers are in. Isolated the cucumbers and zucchini to a bed since they will grow like the wild and take over all the space.
- Now have to do the 2nd row of beans – for a longer crop, and all this is thanks to Google ,where we get our font of information 🙂
- Daily we water the plants and take turns peering at the leaves and inspecting them for disease, bugs etc., – Funny since we have no clue as to what we are looking for 🙂
- Next task is to build a fence with netting, teen R saw deer yesterday, which is NOT a good sign, they love young plants.
Now coming to Ms.A , she is as usual on a roll with her questions, this child can drain you, she is beyond outspoken and could do with some restraint in thought,word and action . Unfortunately looks like she inherited the worst of those genes from me.Ms.A : As her brother is hungrily looking forward to eating butter chicken I just bought, Ms: Is the gravy in the butter chicken made of chicken blood ??? Me: no tomatoes . Ms: Did they kill the chicken by shooting it or stabbing it. and how did they peel the skin off? you go girl — Way to kill his appetite. Ms.A to her dad Ms A :You are not really part of our family. R : What!!! of course I am , I’m your dad Ms A : yes but you are not our same blood R : of course I am , I’m YOUR DAD. Ms A : Nope me ,mom and Ro are of the same blood. We came from her tummy, you’re a stranger , not our blood. huh huh… Thereby leaving teen R and R dumbfounded!!! yes she really is a bit too young for the ” How are babies made ” talk. There was talk of a cousin passing away and ms.A the ever curious pipes in Ms.A : Was he 100 mom ( the cousin who died) me : No 50. Ms.A : I thought people died at 100 yrs, Me: There’s no set age . he was sick. Ms.A : so dad can die too if he gets sick.. R : What!! no I don’t plan to. I take care of my health Ms.A : but you could right? R : I wont, don’t worry baby ok. Ms.A : oh I’m not worried . We’ll just have to get another dad if you die. we can can’t we. R : well no need to discuss that, I don’t plan to die now. ms A : but I want to be prepared…and proceeds to bring her diary Ms A : I have to find a dad to give me back rubs at night and brush my teeth. Do you have a list of people from whom I can choose dad ? R : what, a list of my replacements !!! Ms A: yes, don’t you want to also decide ?? R : enough.. go away, I don’t want to find my replacement, this is not a job. Ms.A : OK we’ll discuss it when you are in a better mood…
We really didn’t know what to say. She didn’t seem to affected by death, or worried about her dad dying so we let it go with a reassurance that we are all well . How does one handle these questions, especially the morbid ones .
No answers but one thing i know — this child will surely kill me by the time she turns 21.