Lately The kids seem to have veggie phobia , which is strange considering A will eat anything, I mean absolutely anything put before her especially when she’s hungry, R is as usual picky picky picky but even he is OK with green beans and broccoli and stuff . So no idea why the phobia. Well we can’t be veggie free can we, not when I have a fridge full of veggies going waste 🙂 so here are some combinations I torture folks with. Alternately I threaten them with soup, and there’s only so much soup they can tolerate. , so they usually suck up and drink ,as it’s the faster option.
Beetroot – ( 2) cooked or raw , the color and taste is deeper when cooked
Cardamom – few
Milk – 2 cups
Honey – 1 spoon ( optional)
Carrot Beet shake
Beet – 1
Carrot – 1
Milk – 2 cups
honey – 1 spoon
1 cup pumpkin ( boiled)
1/2 apple .
Nutmeg – !/2 spoon
Milk – 2 cups ( can be replaced with cottage cheese)
Honey – 1 spoon
Sweet potato Shake
1 sweet potato ( nuked)
2 cups milk
- I add spinach to almost all fruit smoothies , except for the slight color change there is no discernible taste.
- I try to keep all fruits raw and as many veggies as possible raw.
- Except for banana, orange and pineapple I don’t peel anything.
- I usually nuke a sweet potato and add to any fruit or veggie shake. I don’t add milk/yogurt to mine plus I hate bananas and this makes it filling and creamy.
- As a family all of us except Teen R hate ice . so instead we use frozen bananas.