This is the Indianized version of Thai/ Chinese noodles. using peanut butter, ginger, gahhlick and the omnipresent Soy sauce ( I can see myself blending peanuts to make some fresh tasty homemade peanut butter , but I can’t for the life of me imagine myself cleaning the residual mess in the Blender )
I prefer it for lunch the next day , tastes much better ( must be the gnawing hunger). so here’s the recipe..
- Udon noodles / whole wheat noodles – Cook to al-dente and cool.
- 1 cup Red peppers – chopped
- 1 cup green onions – chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped ( steamed lightly)
- 1 cup cilantro – chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1″ piece ginger minced.
- 3-4 cloves Garlic ( or whatever your tolerance is)
- 1-2 red chili ( chilli sauce or red chili flakes are ok)
- Lime juice
- salt to taste
- roasted peanuts crushed.
Cook noodles and cool. put all ingredients for the sauce in the blender except peanut butter and blend. Once that’s done add peanuts and do a quick blend to break it to pieces.
warm sesame oil ( or any oil) and dump sauce and peanut butter and stir low till it’s a homogeneous paste, add in noodles and veggies to coat. DONE !!!!
- Do not make the mistake of blending peanut butter in the blender, unless you feel cleaning the blender is therapeutic.
- Go easy on the red chilli , liberally dosing the dish with chili flakes makes it look pretty but also renders it inedible for those not used to fiery taste.
Kids seem to like this and in reality the longest time is for the pasta to cook, so if you have an italian town in your part of the world, buy fresh pasta.
Apparently the Web tells me this should be done with rice noodles. but like I mentioned before we try to be a healthy living kinda family . Sad no?